Healthy Grilling With Your Garden Fruits and Veggies
Are you using your grill to its full potential? Don’t underestimate what you can do with your grill. Go beyond the beef! Most fruits and vegetables cook very tastefully using direct heat from your grill.
All you need to start? Brush your favorite fruits and vegetables with cooking oil to prevent sticking and place on direct heat for five to 20 minutes depending on the food.
Some other ideas?
• Do you have overgrown zucchini in your garden? Grill thick slices of zucchini to serve as a main course or salad topper.
• Toss Portobello mushroom caps on the grill for vegetarian guests.
• Cut eggplant into thick slices, grill and serve with marinara or puree into a dip. Perfect appetizer!
• Everyone loves a side of potatoes and onions! Chop them up, drizzle with olive oil, wrap in foil packets and grill!
• Looking for a veggie trio? Combine fresh peppers, summer squash and onions! Grill until tender, roughly chop and drizzle with a vinaigrette.
• Place a whole head of romaine lettuce on the grill, turning to cook evenly. Cook until warm, chop and serve with your favorite dressing!
• Fruit is nature’s dessert! Halve and pit peaches and plums and place on the grill cut-side down. Drizzle with honey and serve.
• Slice pineapple into circles. Grill until warm and sprinkle with cinnamon before serving.
• Cut up your favorite fruits to make fruit kabobs! We suggest melon, grapes and strawberries! Grill kabobs and serve with a yogurt based fruit dip.
Have other ideas? Try them! You can grill just about any of your favorite fruits, veggies and foods and your grill provides a healthy way to cook them!
Get creative and get grilling!