Today's Gasoline Prices
Propane Autogas Filling Station
Phillips Energy, Inc. offers propane autogas in both bulk delivery and for refueling at our retail facility in Hayes, VA.
Propane autogas is liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) used as an on-road engine fuel. You may not realize it, but propane autogas is the world's 3rd most widely used motor fuel. If you are looking for substantial fuel cost savings, lower emissions and reduced dependence on foreign oil, propane autogas may be just what you need! Contact us now for a consultation.
Propane autogas benefits:
- Historically 30-40% less expensive per gallon than gasoline
- Similar range, horsepower, torque, and towing capacity
- Cleaner burning with fewer emissions than gasoline or diesel
- As safe as any conventional automotive fuel
- An approved alternative fuel that reduces vehicle greenhouse gas emissions by at least 30%
- Nontoxic, non-carcinogenic and non-corrosive
- Released as a gas; does not spill, pool or leave a residue
- Domestically produced
Is Propane autogas for you? Contact us today for information and a consult of your fleet.
Propane Autogas FAQs
Q. Who uses propane autogas?
A. Lots of folks! Propane is the number one alternative fuel for the automotive sector, powering more than 8 million vehicles in more than 38 countries.
Q. What kind of effect will propane autogas have on my vehicle?
A. A very positive one! Many propane vehicle fleets have reported 2 to 3 years longer service life and extended intervals between required maintenances compared to gasoline vehicles.
Q. Will I save anything by converting to propane autogas?
A. Yes! You'll lower your operating costs and your emissions. Propane vehicles have the longest driving range of any alternative fuel. And, propane exhaust creates 60 to 70 percent less smog-producing hydrocarbons than gasoline.
Autogas Vehicle Conversions
Phillips Energy, Inc. is a proud member of Alliance AutoGas. This membership allows our customers to benefit from a turnkey solution to convert your fleet to fueling with propane autogas:
- Vehicle conversions (PRINS VSI system, see below)
- On-site refueling infrastructure
- Fuel supply
- Ongoing technical support.
Our Conversion System
The Alliance AutoGas conversion system is the PRINS VSI system, which is composed of 5 primary steps:
- VSI Reducer - converts liquid autogas to vapor
- VSI Injector - injects the autogas into the manifold
- VSI Filter Units - filters particles out of the fuel
- VSI Computer - controls the VSI system
- LPG Switch - displays fuel level and allows the driver to switch between propane autogas and gasoline fuel source if needed
Click here for the Alliance AutoGas website.
Click here for a list of EPA certified vehicle conversion list.